The federal government could shut down Friday, January 19 at midnight if Congress can’t work out a solution to its spending dispute. This means that the lives of federal employees would once again be affected by Congress’ failure to do its job.
In order to assist you with local preparations, the IAM has gathered guidance to assist you:
- OPM Shutdown Furlough Guidance and FAQs
- Table of Recent Changes to Guidance
- Agency Furlough Contingency Plans
- Unemployment Insurance Resources
- Shutdown Furlough Information
The IAM Government Employees Department will update information when it becomes available. Please contact Government Employees Department Director Jim Price at 301-967-4753 if you have any questions.
Read today’s Washington Post article: Shutdown looms as Republicans seek short-term spending deal for government