Textron Aviation Bargaining Unit Employees will Receive a 6.5% General Wage Increase on September 18, 2022

On Tuesday, August 23, 2022, District 70 President Cornell Beard signed an agreement with Textron Aviation to have the general wages increased for bargaining unit employees by 4% on September 18, 2022. This is in addition to the 2.5% increase guaranteed in the 2020 collective bargaining agreement, also on September 18, 2022. Bargaining unit employees will see a total of 6.5% increase towards the end of September. Cornell said that district and local representatives have been in discussion with Textron Aviation officials regarding the rising inflation and labor demand for almost one year. Textron Aviation officials agree that with rising inflation and the demand for labor, it is in their best interest (for longevity and the future) to provide our bargaining unit employees with a general wage incentive. This will raise the minimum base (hire) wage to $20.00 per hour.

Please follow and like us:
Updated: August 23, 2022 — 5:57 pm