This is to make you aware of an upcoming administrative change for eligible employees covered under the Supplemental Sickness Benefit (SSB) Plan for Shopcraft Employees.
Effective August 1, 2020, the Supplemental Sickness Benefit Plan, currently administered by Aetna, will transition to The Hartford.
Nothing about the SSB Plan currently with Aetna is changing, here’s what your members need to know:
- Eligible members will receive the attached announcement as it relates to the upcoming transition.
- No change to the contact number- it will remain (800) 205-7651.
- Current user information to file a claim, ID and password, will still work on the new Hartford’s Ability Advantage portal. If members have not previously used the online portal, they will be required to register as a new user.
- To file a claim on or after August 1, members will use the Hartford’s Ability Advantage portal https://abilityadvantage.thehartford.com/ or call (800) 205-7651.
Finally, members with current claims will receive the linked notice but should be made aware:
- There will be no changes to their claims,
- The claim number will remain the same,
- Benefits will not be interrupted as long as their eligible under the terms of the Plan
- All future correspondence about their claim will be branded with The Hartford’s logo
- Requested documentation can be submitted via fax (833) 357-5153 or email GBInformationUpload@thehartford.com
To respond to member inquiries, please feel free to provide your members with a copy of the attached for their information. Please do not hesitate to contact Ellen Conboy, Executive Director/National Representative, TCU/IAM Social Services Department at 301-840-8746, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.
Click here to view the notice from Hartford
The post AETNA SUPPLEMENTAL SICKNESS CONVERSION TO THE HARTFORD appeared first on IAMAW.