Union Plus Offers Help to Those Impacted by Hurricanes
If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and have been affected by natural disasters, including hurricanes Ian and Fiona, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant program. (1)
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to eligible participants of one of the following programs:
- Union Plus Credit Card Program (2)
- Union Plus Mortgage Program
- Union Plus Personal Loan Program
- Union Plus Life Insurance
- Union Plus Accidental Death Insurance
- Union Plus Auto Insurance
- Union Plus Retiree Health Program
Eligible applicants can receive up to three grants per lifetime. Members have 24 months from the incident date to initiate a claim for a grant. To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant:
1. Your primary residence must be in a county qualifying for individual assistance money from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). To check if your county has been designated as an area eligible for individual assistance, visit FEMA’s disaster declarations page.
2. You must have a Union Plus Credit Card or Teamster Privilege Credit Card for at least three months (1), Union Plus Mortgage, Union Plus Life or Accidental Death Insurance, Union Plus Retiree Healthcare or Union Plus Auto Insurance policy for at least 12 months, or Union Plus Personal Loan for at least six months with that account or policy in good standing (be up to date on payments).
If you participate in the Union Plus Credit Card Program and want to apply for a Disaster Relief Grant, call 1-800-622-2580.
If you participate in any other of the designated programs and want to apply for a Disaster Relief Grant, call 1-800-472-2005.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided more than $1 million in assistance to union members facing hardships after hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters. Head to the Union Plus Disaster Relief Page to learn more about the benefits and eligibility requirements.
(1): Certain restrictions, limitations and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at unionplus.org/hardship-help/disaster-relief-grants.
(2): The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Inc.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Inc.
Fri, 10/28/2022 – 17:00