‘State of the Unions’ Podcast: A Huge Deal
On the latest episode of “State of the Unions,” podcast co-hosts Julie Greene and Tim Schlittner check in with AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council Executive Director Brad Markell about the UAW strike at General Motors and interview Veena Dubal, an associate law professor at UC Hastings College of the Law, whose work helped pave the way for passage of A.B. 5, the landmark pro-worker legislation in California.
Listen to our previous episodes:
- SAG-AFTRA President Gabrielle Carteris discussing the future of work, sexual harassment and her journey from young actor to labor leader.
- North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU) Chief of Staff Mike Monroe exploring the Department of Labor proposal that would undermine world-class apprenticeships in the construction industry.
- A discussion with Texas AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Montserrat Garibay (Education Austin/AFT-NEA) in the wake of the deadly mass shooting in El Paso, Texas.
- UNITE HERE President D. Taylor talking about the activism of airline catering workers and the current moment for union organizing.
- Highlights of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka’s (UMWA) town halls in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit, where he discussed NAFTA and trade.
- AFL-CIO Secretary-Treasurer Liz Shuler (IBEW) talks about pushing the labor movement to be bold, take risks and not be afraid of failure.
Wed, 09/18/2019 – 10:40