Meet Kara Sheehan, a field organizer at the Texas AFL-CIO and member of Office and Professional Employees Local 298. Before joining the AFL-CIO, Sheehan worked with the Workers Defense Project and other local progressive groups in Austin, and worked at the Austin City Council.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Disasters Don’t Take Holidays
- Rally to Support Oregon Precision Castparts Workers
- Machinists Say #ReplaceNAFTA
- Save the Date: Machinists Union Aerospace Conference
- Ohio Machinists Making Holidays Merry for Many
- Maryland Machinists Who Care for Veterans Ratify First Contract
- IAM, Industry Leaders Unite for Safety
- Breaking Faith: Outsourcing and the Damage Done to our Communities
- Martinez Pledges ‘Machinist Arsenal’ to IAM Members at Harley-Davidson
- Democrats say Trump to seek federal pay freeze and cuts to domestic security