According to the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s Website, there are approximately 2700 homeless people in Clackamas County, Oregon and 277 alone are in Oregon City. Local lodge 63’s Women’s Committee took it upon themselves to support those fighting to survive in their community. The committee raised $250 to donate towards the Father’s Heart shelter which provides the homeless with 3 meals a day, clothing exchanges, shower and medical services and a warm place to sleep on cold nights. If that isn’t enough, the committee donated 40 pounds worth of materials to the cause. These IAM members provided dignity, amongst other things, to the 90-110 individuals that enter the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s doors, every single day.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Latest GOP Attempt at a “Health Plan” Worst Yet
- Transportation Local Lodges Continue to Donate to Disaster Relief Fund
- IAM Supports Medicare for All; Oppose Cassidy-Graham plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act
- IAM Locals come together before upcoming ULA negotiations
- IAM Members Affected by Hurricane Maria
- Joining Together to Help Others: Worker Wins
- Trumpcare – Latest Proposal and its Impact on Seniors
- The Senate Is in a Hurry to Cut Our Health Care
- National Government Employees Conference Resource Center
- NFFE-IAM, Labor Movement Defeat Official Time Amendments