According to the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s Website, there are approximately 2700 homeless people in Clackamas County, Oregon and 277 alone are in Oregon City. Local lodge 63’s Women’s Committee took it upon themselves to support those fighting to survive in their community. The committee raised $250 to donate towards the Father’s Heart shelter which provides the homeless with 3 meals a day, clothing exchanges, shower and medical services and a warm place to sleep on cold nights. If that isn’t enough, the committee donated 40 pounds worth of materials to the cause. These IAM members provided dignity, amongst other things, to the 90-110 individuals that enter the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s doors, every single day.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Amtrak Sets Records in FY17
- Working People Stand Up to Nabisco's Outsourcing on National Day of Action
- The Joy of Winning Your First Union Contract: Worker Wins
- House of Representatives Votes to Have Seniors Subsidize the Wealthiest 1%
- House Republicans Throw Trillions of Dollars at Millionaires and Corporations, Hope Nobody Will Notice
- Oregon Welders Rally for Respect
- Local 4 Demands Fair Agreement
- Mexican Farm Workers Win Historic FLOC-Backed Strike
- Make NAFTA Work for Working People
- Seniority Counts