According to the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s Website, there are approximately 2700 homeless people in Clackamas County, Oregon and 277 alone are in Oregon City. Local lodge 63’s Women’s Committee took it upon themselves to support those fighting to survive in their community. The committee raised $250 to donate towards the Father’s Heart shelter which provides the homeless with 3 meals a day, clothing exchanges, shower and medical services and a warm place to sleep on cold nights. If that isn’t enough, the committee donated 40 pounds worth of materials to the cause. These IAM members provided dignity, amongst other things, to the 90-110 individuals that enter the Father’s Heart Street Ministry’s doors, every single day.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- TCU Local 2500 Members Stand with IAM Local 701 on the Picket Line
- Rail customers argue for investigation of CSX service issues
- Missourians Get Nearly Triple the Needed Signatures for November Right to Work Repeal Referendum
- Why I Quit: The Working People Weekly List
- IAM District 77 Hosts Annual GDA Bike Run and Golf Tournament
- Y-Tech Comes Home
- Rep. Black Budget for FY 2018
- Machinists Union: Missouri’s Stand for Workplace Freedom is a ‘Game-Changing Rebuke of a Rigged Economy’
- Trumka Leaves Presidential Business Council
- New Jersey Machinists Looking Towards the Future