The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has made it very easy to find union-made tires by requiring that each tire carry a code that shows the company and the location of the plant that manufactured the tire. DOT requires that each tire sold in the United States carry a code that looks something like this: DOT BE XX XXX XXX. The two letters or numbers that follow the DOT identify a particular factory.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- IAM Wisconsin Local 1260 Celebrates 50-Year Members
- Why it Pays to be Union? Arbitrator Reverses Termination, Iowa IAM Local 1498 Member Made Whole
- Iowa IAM Local 1498 Members ‘Adopt’ Local Fire Hydrants to Keep Community Safe
- IP Martinez Visits NFFE-IAM Members Enduring Attacks on Veteran Care
- Washington District 751 Machinists in the Record Books
- WAGE Act Would Enforce Workplace Freedom Laws
- Register Now for 2018 IAM Aerospace Conference
- Uber and Lyft Drivers Petition NYC for a Ride-Hail Minimum Wage
- Celebrating Women’s History Month
- Puerto Rico: Those Unforgettable Days