One of the lessons of history is that it must be retaught so our children won’t repeat it. When I left Union Plus last year, I decided to enter into an “encore” career and published a graphic novel to teach kids about labor history. But most importantly, how to become an activist when you’re a teenager. That was just the beginning—AFT got involved and decided that we needed to go big on this. Through #ShareMyLesson, we wrote a lesson plan that guides kids through worker history but also gets them engaged in issues during this very important political time.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Senator Blumenthal Announces Act Aimed at Combating Toxic Cabin Air on Airplanes
- Happy Anniversary ADA!
- For UFCW President, Union Roots Run Deep
- IAM Midwest Territory ‘Rides for Guides’ Raises $12k for Guide Dogs of America
- Stop the Senate from Taking Away Health Care
- Seattle Area Machinists Ride to Benefit Guide Dogs of America
- VA Releases New Guidelines for Managing PTSD
- Lending a Helping Hand in Hard Times
- Veterans Affairs Secretary Says No Privatization of VA on His Watch
- Trumka Talks Economy and Jobs with House Blue Collar Caucus