One of the lessons of history is that it must be retaught so our children won’t repeat it. When I left Union Plus last year, I decided to enter into an “encore” career and published a graphic novel to teach kids about labor history. But most importantly, how to become an activist when you’re a teenager. That was just the beginning—AFT got involved and decided that we needed to go big on this. Through #ShareMyLesson, we wrote a lesson plan that guides kids through worker history but also gets them engaged in issues during this very important political time.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Open Enrollment for Members Covered Under the Railroad Employees National Health and Welfare Plan Begins October 1st
- Railroad Unemployment and Sickness Benefits Will Increase Due to Adjusted Sequestration Rate
- Acting for Impaired Railroad Retirement Beneficiaries
- IAM Donates $2k to Horicon, Wisconsin Veteran Event
- You Did That!: The Working People Weekly List
- Video Workers at Vice Vote to Join the Union Family
- Latest GOP Attempt at a “Health Plan” Worst Yet
- Transportation Local Lodges Continue to Donate to Disaster Relief Fund
- IAM Supports Medicare for All; Oppose Graham-Cassidy plan to repeal the Affordable Care Act
- IAM Locals come together before upcoming ULA negotiations