In a time of heated rhetoric and divisiveness around immigration, Maryland’s unions, faith community and immigrant rights groups are leading the way forward on state-level immigration reform. Two bills are currently under consideration in Maryland that would offer significant protections to immigrant workers and families—the Maryland Law Enforcement and Governmental Trust Act (H.B. 1362/S.B. 0835) and the Regulation of Farm Labor Contractors and Foreign Labor Contractors Act (H.B. 1307/S.B. 1016). The measures proposed in these bills would help ensure that our law enforcement policies respect due process and protect civil rights in the workplace and community, and would expand protections within guest worker programs.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Why it Pays to be Union? Arbitrator Reverses Termination, Iowa IAM Local 1498 Member Made Whole
- Iowa IAM Local 1498 Members ‘Adopt’ Local Fire Hydrants to Keep Community Safe
- IP Martinez Visits NFFE-IAM Members Enduring Attacks on Veteran Care
- Washington District 751 Machinists in the Record Books
- WAGE Act Would Enforce Workplace Freedom Laws
- Register Now for 2018 IAM Aerospace Conference
- Uber and Lyft Drivers Petition NYC for a Ride-Hail Minimum Wage
- Celebrating Women’s History Month
- Drake: 'Tariffs to Protect U.S. National and Economic Security Are Overdue'
- Reps. Lipinski and Bacon lead bipartisan effort supporting Rail Workers and Retirees