The congressional Republican health plan is an attack on everyone’s health benefits. No health care coverage—workplace plans, Medicare, Medicaid or the individual insurance coverage now available as a result of the Affordable Care Act—is untouched. For more than a century, working people in their unions have fought to make health care a right for every American. The Republican plan contradicts this very idea by making care less affordable and less accessible. It’s bad for our health care, it’s bad for working families, and we fully oppose it.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- THE DRUG INDUSTRY’S TRIUMPH OVER THE DEA
- FENTANYL IS NOW THE LEADING CAUSE OF US OVERDOSE DEATHS
- MEDICAL EXAMINER QUITS THE MORGUE
- Swissport Workers Overwhelmingly Vote for IAM Representation
- You Asked and GDA Got It!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE! Medicare – Open Enrollment Deadlines for 2017
- Just a Thought….
- IAM Woodworkers Energized by First-Ever Conference
- Boston IAM Bus Mechanics, Community Fight Privatization Plans
- Wisconsin IAM Local 1564 Completes IAM Field Negotiation Prep Class