In a time of heated rhetoric and divisiveness around immigration, Maryland’s unions, faith community and immigrant rights groups are leading the way forward on state-level immigration reform. Two bills are currently under consideration in Maryland that would offer significant protections to immigrant workers and families—the Maryland Law Enforcement and Governmental Trust Act (H.B. 1362/S.B. 0835) and the Regulation of Farm Labor Contractors and Foreign Labor Contractors Act (H.B. 1307/S.B. 1016). The measures proposed in these bills would help ensure that our law enforcement policies respect due process and protect civil rights in the workplace and community, and would expand protections within guest worker programs.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- Amtrak Agreement Update – Still Time to Vote
- Amtrak will suspend service if PTC not installed by year’s end
- Trump budget guts Amtrak long distance…again
- Time to Go on Offense: The Working People Weekly List
- Empowering Working People in the West: AFL-CIO Holds Third Regional Meeting of 2018
- Kansas City Members at Harley Standing Up to Company
- IAM Florida Sugar Workers Visit Capitol Hill
- Deadline Extended for Federal Employees Collective Bargaining Program
- Black Labor History on this Week’s Activate L!VE
- Roman Mayfield, A True Trade Unionist