In a time of heated rhetoric and divisiveness around immigration, Maryland’s unions, faith community and immigrant rights groups are leading the way forward on state-level immigration reform. Two bills are currently under consideration in Maryland that would offer significant protections to immigrant workers and families—the Maryland Law Enforcement and Governmental Trust Act (H.B. 1362/S.B. 0835) and the Regulation of Farm Labor Contractors and Foreign Labor Contractors Act (H.B. 1307/S.B. 1016). The measures proposed in these bills would help ensure that our law enforcement policies respect due process and protect civil rights in the workplace and community, and would expand protections within guest worker programs.
- Tell Your Senators to Combat Toxic Cabin Air on AirplanesSenator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) along with Senators Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) introduced the Cabin Air Safety Act, a bill that seeks to protect airline passengers and cabin crew from toxic cabin air.
- Tell Congress to stop the attack on Federal WorkersFederal employees need your help now. The IAM and the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), are asking everyone to contact their Representatives and urge them to Vote No on the Veterans, Employees, and Taxpayers Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 1461). This legislation does not help veterans or taxpayers. Rather, it serves only to […]
- TCU Reaches Tentative Agreement in National Bargaining
- Helping Puerto Rico
- This Sunday is Human Rights Day
- Union Members Winning Elections Coast to Coast
- Labor Department Proposes Legalizing Wage Theft
- President of IBEW Local 1253 Joins Sit-In to Fight ‘Dead-Wrong’ Tax Bill
- A Roving Ambassador for Peace: The Working People Weekly List
- The Economy Gains 228,000 Jobs in November, and Unemployment Unchanged at 4.1%
- Wisconsin 2018 Gubernatorial Candidate Forum
- Machinists, American Airlines Partner for Relief Flight to Puerto Rico